Who we are
We’re on a mission to make it easy and accessible for any company in the insurance, legal and medical space to understand medical documents quickly using AI. Every week, we process hundreds of thousands of pages of documents, saving our customers hours and hours of manual processing time, and helping them process medical claims much more quickly.
Wisedocs is a fast-growing, seed stage startup, our team is made up of startup and scaleup veterans and we’re looking for talent that loves the entrepreneurial atmosphere as much as we do. You’ll be asked to work in a fast-moving environment, and to develop new expertise very quickly. The colleagues you work with will be working hard right alongside you as well, and you will have an opportunity here to be a leader and to learn from hands-on leadership.
Our next Data Scientist will work as a core part of the engineering team that contributes directly to our AI/ML engine. We are building a neural network that combines Intelligent Optical Character Recognition (I-OCR) and NLP to process complicated, unstructured medical documents for use in an automation platform.
You will contribute improvements to the structure of our models and you will work to improve the accuracy rate with which we can automatically process documents.
What you'll be doing
- Work on challenging and research-based initiatives using advanced machine learning methods focusing on tangible outcomes
- Prepare and integrate large and various types of data (structured/non-structured)
- Implement machine learning models and statistical analysis
- Produce data-driven insights to help in informed decisions and actions
- Collaborate with the Engineering, ML and Product teams to deploy scalable solutions quickly
- Quickly learn new methods, tools and technologies presented in research communities to implement, experiment and adapt within the daily analytics exercises
You're a great candidate if
- You have a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Machine Learning related majors
- Proficient with Python, and familiar with Tensorflow, Pytorch
- 2+ years of experience with natural language processing, familiar with transformer and the state of the art transformer based language models
- Deep understanding concepts of computer visions, hand-on experience in image classification, object detection.
- Strong motivation to learn new technologies
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience with OCR is plus
What we offer
- The freedom to work Remote or Hybrid, but with a regular, reliable team structure and resources to make your professional environment comfortable
- Modern employee benefits, including health and dental coverage
- Competitive compensation, with valuable stock options, as we’re still a young company growing very quickly.
- An opportunity to develop very rapidly in your career. We can offer you a super-immersive learning environment, and you thrive there you will have the opportunity to rapidly develop this opportunity into senior practitioner or management opportunities as you choose.
- Access to a learning and professional development fund to help you level up your career while you’re working with us. We hope to be an incredible step up for your career if you decide to come and work with us.