Who we are
We’re on a mission to make it easy and accessible for any company in the insurance, legal and medical space to understand medical documents quickly using AI. Every week, we process hundreds of thousands of pages of documents, saving our customers hours and hours of manual processing time, and helping them process medical claims much more quickly.
Wisedocs is a fast-growing, seed stage startup, our team is made up of startup and scaleup veterans and we’re looking for talent that loves the entrepreneurial atmosphere as much as we do. You’ll be asked to work in a fast-moving environment, and to develop new expertise very quickly. The colleagues you work with will be working hard right alongside you as well, and you will have an opportunity here to be a leader and to learn from hands-on leadership.
Our next Full Stack Developer (django, postgres, vue.js, python/pytorch) will work as a core part of our tight-knit engineering team. Our product is a client-facing web application that acts as an automation platform for complex medical data. The application connects a neural network combining Intelligent Optical Character Recognition (I-OCR) and NLP to legal and medical administrators processing medical claims. Here, you will find a super-immersive learning environment and an opportunity to rapidly develop this opportunity into senior engineer or management opportunities as you choose.
What you'll be doing
- As a core part of the Engineering team, you will deliver features for the automation platform and our machine learning engine
- You will further define and deliver customer-facing features as we scale into growing customer demand, expertly augmenting our core product with insightful benefits
- You will write documentation (Confluence) for components and architecture, defending architecture decisions and clarifying Engineering output across the team
- You will assist in integrating models and processes into our processing pipeline, developing the infrastructure and data pipelines to support ongoing data analysis and actionable result sets
You're a great candidate if
- You have at least a few years of experience as a full stack engineer, and experience across the tech stack (django, postgres, vue.js, python/pytorch)
- You might have basic knowledge of tools/hardware and languages like Linux, Git, Docker and SQL
- You have an understanding of automation practices throughout the AGILE development, build, and deployment phases of the application life-cycle.
- You have some understanding of machine learning concepts like bias, overfitting, data augmentation, etc.
- You are an adaptable and proficient engineer; comfortable with frequently changing work items and scope and able to handle multiple simultaneous tasks in an efficient manner
What we offer
- The freedom to work Remote or Hybrid, but with a regular, reliable team structure and resources to make your professional environment comfortable
- Modern employee benefits, including health and dental coverage
- Competitive compensation, with valuable stock options, as we’re still a young company growing very quickly.
- An opportunity to develop very rapidly in your career. We can offer you a super-immersive learning environment, and you thrive there you will have the opportunity to rapidly develop this opportunity into senior practitioner or management opportunities as you choose.
- Access to a learning and professional development fund to help you level up your career while you’re working with us. We hope to be an incredible step up for your career if you decide to come and work with us.